Thursday, November 6, 2014

Review: Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens


By S.C. Stephens


Reviewed by Scarlett Roberts, Rating: 5 out of 5






Cheating in a read would usually be a deal-breaker for me; I decided to give this one a chance though and I’m glad that I did. Kiera felt so alone and abandoned by Denny, and Kellan (smoking hot rock-star god, of course) was there when she needed someone. Even though she cheated on Denny and betrayed him, I felt for the situation she was in (I don’t think there is a woman alive who would be able to resist Kellan). This book is full of gut wrenching moments and lots and LOTS of turmoil. No one wins in a love triangle--you can really see that and the awful fallout that occurs in this book.

I loved Kellan, though he did so, so, soooooo much wrong and hurt the people he loved. Kiera was annoying to me in many ways. I despised her for not sticking with the one relationship she actually wanted. She treated Kellan and Denny both so bad, stringing them both along because she was too much of a wimp to make a decision. Even though I despised her actions, I understood her actions, how hard it was for her, when you’re doing something wrong and you know it but you just. Can’t. Stop. I think everyone’s done something in their life that could compare…that is what made me believe in Kiera and get so involved in this story. She is a flawed young woman, trying to figure out how in the hell she’s going to get out of the mess she made, and that made her very realistic and had me engaged in her story.

This was a highly addictive book, once you start (warning!) you will not be able to put it down. You just have to keep reading…and reading…and reading to see how exactly this is all going to end up, how this train wreck of emotions and betrayal comes to a stop.

Reviewer, Scarlett Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment