Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Review: Rebecca (Alpha Marked #4) by Celia Kyle


Rebecca (Alpha Marked #4)

by Celia Kyle

Review by Phoenix Andrews, 4 out of 5





Going by my expectations for an erotic romance novella, REBECCA was wonderful. I found the heroine hilarious, if a bit over the top with her crazy inner dialogue. During the opening scene we see Rebecca on a doomed date with a too-happy vegetarian hiker and get a peek at some of the nuances of online dating. It takes a lot to make me laugh out loud while reading a book but this scene managed it and then some. 

I also liked the juxtaposition of the two heroes. The fact that the "pretty one" was the dickhead and the scarred one gentle and sensitive gave the two characters great depth and likability. They made mistakes, denied those mistakes for a short while then ultimately owned up to them and made amends. I appreciated the bouts of jealousy each hero experienced. Their feelings of jealousy made their characters more real to me in this menage setting. 

The cover is excellent. Hot but not too embarrassing if someone catches me reading the book. I found more than a handful of editing errors in the text which is why the rating for REBECCA is a 4 instead of 5. I'm looking forward to the next book in this series. 

Reviewer, Phoenix Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment