Monday, December 15, 2014

5 out of 5: A King's Revenge by Michelle Howard




A King's Revenge (Warlord #2)

By Michelle Howard

Published: December 7, 2014

Book Blurb:
When you lose what you loved most…

Tarik Sabarn, King of Desani, thought he’d lost everything when his Queen was murdered. In the years following her death, he gave up on love and focused on ruling his Kingdom. When he meets Lea at a United Alliance meeting, he finds what was once lost.

When you find what you’d always been searching for…

Lea never imagined a random night of passion would lead to answers she’d spent years searching for. After a night with Tarik, she learns more than she bargained for and finds love. But if she’s not careful, they’ll both lose out again.


Review by Phoenix Andrews, 5 out of 5

A King's Revenge was a wonderful diversion from the romance I usually read which tends toward the erotic. This book was more mainstream with an emphasis on individual character building and plot evolution than sex scenes. (Though there were a few sex scenes and they were HOT!)

We meet the hero, Tarik, and the heroine, Lea, separately and they don't actually share a scene until a couple of chapters into the book. When I started reading I thought this would bother me because I'm used to books where the main characters come together with an explosion of passion, usually within the first few pages. I found I didn't miss this formula at all in A King's Revenge. 

This book is the second in Michelle Howard's Warlord series. I haven't read the first book and there were parts of A King's Revenge that probably would have meant more to me if I had but it didn't detract from the story. Though part of a series this book works well as a standalone. I've been looking for a good science fiction romance and am thrilled to have found A King's Revenge. 

Reviewer, Phoenix Andrews

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the great review. I'm glad you gave AKR a chance :)

    ReplyDelete