Thursday, November 13, 2014

Review: Blayde of Darkness by Charlotte Boyett-Compo



Blayde of Darkness

By Charlotte Boyett-Compo

Reviewed by Scarlett Roberts, Rating: 4.5 out of 5





This is the 2nd book I've read out of the WindWorld Realm, and I’m really digging it. I learned a lot more about the settings and supernatural beings after being more immersed in this universe.

This story was fabulous. Lots of intrigue, a murder mystery, horrid wrongful imprisonments, a mother reuniting with her son (previously thought dead), and a villain best compared to a black widow spider. Ambassador Ailbhe Cunneen is a BAD, BAD woman, but actually one of my favorite parts of this book (does that make me secretly evil?). She is a very well-written, strong, female villain, and I enjoyed her absolute and total evilness!

Blayde and Sage’s relationship, the backstory between Cunneen and Blayde’s mother and father, the plotting, and finally the victory for our hero & heroine…it all worked wonderfully together. This is categorized as a “futuristic erotic romance” which it was, and at the same time so much more than that. I would not expect such an in-depth plot from an “erotic romance”. This book is HOT and SMART at the same time…can you ask for much more? My rating 4.5 out of 5

Reviewer, Scarlett Roberts

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Scarlett, for the great review. I'm always so happy when a reader really gets the storyline. I hope you'll go back and read the WindVerse Series from the beginning. Many of the characters in this book have stories of their own. :)

    ReplyDelete